Safety & Daily Maintenance
Daily Pile Cropper maintenance
In order to ensure the pile cropper continues to function correctly and safely, it is imperative that daily inspections and maintenance are conducted prior to use.
Each cropper type will be delivered with a method statement giving details of correct use.
Daily checks as follows:
- Ensure lifting chains/frames are correctly connected to cropper and inspection date is valid.
- Physically check cropper for any signs of structural failure.
- Hose integrity and connections to be leak free.
- Cropper jaw wear is not excessive and requiring rework.
- Re-grease using identified grease points.
- Test cropper on an excavator.
National Pile Croppers are committed to your safety. All pile croppers are delivered with fully certified lifting equipment in accordance with LOLER regulations 1998. A copy of the ‘life’ certificate for the chains can be obtained on request from firstname.lastname@example.org
Before delivery, all lifting chains are inspected in-house by our LEEA accredited technician.
A fresh report covering the lifting chains for a period of 6 months is signed by the LEEA accredited technician and passed onto the site at the point of delivery and commencement of hire.
It is your responsibility to check chain certification date is valid and notify of pending re-inspection requirement. We will then arrange re-inspection as required.